Travel makes the world go round. Nope! Don’t you think so? Well, if you factor in all the jobs in the airline industry, food sector, insurance sector and more that would be lost if people stopped travelling, then travel actually does make the world go round a tiny bit.
Me? I’ve still got a zillion places on my list of where I need to go. Saving and budgeting for them is tricky. Picking just one place out of a dozen is tricky. And nope, I’m not going to say you can quit your job and travel the world like a lot of gurus seem to be saying these days. Maybe that works for them, it doesn’t work for me.
For me, I work 12 hours a day, 20 days a month, and then spend the rest of the month either blogging or traveling. So yep, I work. Gotta fund the travels some way, and what better way than earning a living by the sweat of my brow. Okay, nope, I don’t sweat while working, I’m not into hard labour. I’m a freelance writer and a pen for hire if anyone needs me. You can ping me at [email protected] if you have some work for me.
But I digress. I do that often, don’t I? Anyways, what I was saying was that there are a lot of places on this big beautiful planet of ours to see. And although I’ve not been to all of them; I have been to some. And I love writing about those places.
I love telling about the quirky things that happen when I travel, and about how a certain city or town made an impression of me. Did you know that I ate worms in France? I mean forget horse, snails and other things. I ate those too. But worms? Really? Anyways, that was my first ever travel post. If you’re going to head over and read it, be gentle, remember it was my first post.
I also had fun writing about falling off a kayak in Mallorca, hearing ghost voices in Austria, eating brettlejause at a buschenschank in Graz and waking up in an igloo in India.
Sometimes I also write posts because I hear people asking the dumbest questions. If you want to know why I wrote the facts you must know about the Colosseum in Rome, click here.
And then there are times I write about must do things in a certain city. Just because they’re too awesome to not go on a list somewhere. If you’re wondering about what to do in Aveyron & Lozere, Graz, Feldkirch, Mumbai, Goa, and a few other places, we’ve got you covered.
My sis contributes to my blog off and on. So if you’re looking for a tiger safari in Ranthambore or Pench National Park, or watching lions mate in Kenya, read my sister’s posts here. Friends have written about Nahargarh Fort, Northern lights in Sweden, swinging off Hackett Nevis, hiking the Blue Mountains and Tongariro National Park more.
These are some of the places on my must-visit-soon list, because my friends have written great articles about them: Vietnam, Rotorua, Northern Ireland, Dagestan and Vilnius.
And have you ever wondered about what food or drink you must try in a particular city? Well, my friends and I have a few options for you. Here are street food you must eat in Europe, street food in India, desserts and dinners in different cultures, and but naturally what to drink in different cities. You can’t leave a city without trying their most prized local liquors and foodie flavours can you?
Of course there’s a lot more to discover, like the most beautiful churches in Europe and other amazing churches in the world, and more. But we’ll leave you to discover that on your own. Just leaf through the blog and read what you like. And don’t forget to leave a comment. I love reading reader’s comments.
Or find posts by location!
- My top ten favorite parks in Kenya
- Fucking Fantastic! Watching Lions mate in Maasai Mara
- Nairobi: David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage & Fairmont Norfolk
- Mamba! Crocodiles at Haller Park, Mombasa, Kenya
- Encounter With a Tusker At Mara
- Popular Food to Eat in African Countries
Hills, Mountains & Seas
- Seegrotte’s underground Blue Lake, and the tale to go with it. Gluck Auf!
- 2 things I didn’t like about Mount Vesuvius
- Cuevas Del Drach : A main attraction in Mallorca
- I lost my apple twice: Misadventures in a Kayak
- Where shall we go snorkeling?
- 7 Must dos on a weekend break to Northern Ireland
Monuments, Forts & Castles
- 7 Things you must know before visiting the Colosseum
- Most beautiful churches in Europe
- Vienna Woods, Heiligenkreuz, Mayerling and scary voices
- Reasons we visited Feldkirch, and didn’t love it, but still liked it!
- 10 days of Christmas hidden in Occitanie’s Aveyron and Lozère regions
- Off the Beaten Path in Dagestan
- Sweden on my mind: Northern Lights Photography Trip
- By a Baker’s Dozen: 13 things you must do in Graz, Austria
- Edinburgh on a plate: My personal guide to this Scottish City
- Why you should visit Vilnius, Lithuania
National Parks And More
- Pench Tiger Reserve, India : The land of The Jungle Book
- Ranthambore National Park : Spotting tigers and cubs on safari
- Hiking in Chandoli National Park
- Chiang Mai: Travelling to the Gem of the North
- Indian hill stations you must visit at least once
- Manali trails : Snow, Igloos and Winter Fun
- How to build an igloo : Lessons in the Manali snow
- Nahargarh Fort: Abode of Tigers
- Hot stay in Pench Jungle Camp
By the Seaside
- Top 10 Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- Palolem in South Goa, India : Why should you visit?
- Visiting Eilat in Israel
- Discovering the Dead Sea region
Forts, Castles, Cities, Towns
- 13 Things to do in Vietnam : Baker’s Dozen Series
- Mumbai(Bombay) City Guide: India’s City of Dreams Through my Eyes
- How the majesty of Masada awed me
- Top 10 Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- 13 things to do in Singapore : Baker’s Dozen Series
- Jerusalem – The Old City, Eternal City
Australia & NZ
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing, North Island, New Zealand
- Blue Mountains, Katoomba: Hiking escapes near Sydney, Australia
- Amazing Churches in Australia & NZ
- The AJ Hackett Nevis Swing, Queenstown, New Zealand
- Top Things to do in Rotorua, New Zealand
America : North & South
- From Expats to Appalachian Trail Thru-Hikers
- Amazing Churches in America
- 10 Things to Know Before Visiting Honolulu, Hawaii
- North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii : Things to see and do
- Inspiration Series : Going Nomad
- Inspiration Series : Weekend Nomad – Gareth
- Inspiration Series : Becoming a Freelancer, When This Was Almost Unheard Of – Cris
- Inspiration Series : Solo Travelling Nomad – Melissa
- Inspiration Series : Nurse around the world – Gemma
- Inspiration Series : Becoming Bilingual – Jamie
- Inspiration Series : Fearless Goal Setting – Alison
- Inspiration Series : Nomad with a camera – Deines
Random Listicles & Travel Tales
- Bizarre or Weird? What was the most peculiar thing someone said to you while travelling?
- Of bras and things – Stories of traveling boobs Weird Food From Across the Globe
- Over 50 Popular Drinks Across the World
- Top Water Sports Destinations WorldWide
Latest Travel Posts
Best Day trips from DublinAbby
How to spend Two Days in Menton, FranceAbby
8 Things to do in Antibes, FranceAbby
Visiting the French Riviera and looking for a town that’s a little calmer and less…