Boiled egg chilly fry is an irresistible dish that has a lovely creamy texture. It is so easy and quick to make! All it takes is half an hour and you can relish it with family or friends.
How I got mollycoddled by the family into making Egg chilly fry!
Since we were under lockdown and advised to stay at HOME, we were just lazying around listening to music, reading the newspapers and chatting. Somehow we reached the topic of food, our favorite topic some might say, but ‘cooking food‘ to be exact.
Most people who know me would know that I don’t usually cook. I can bake, I absolutely love to bake, but I don’t cook! There are enough people at home to cook and always plenty of food, so I don’t need to. I just usually help with the chopping, and that’s it!
But then Mom says you’ll need to cook in the future and I say ‘I can cook!’. Seriously, I know how to make some yummy masala potatoes and I can fry eggs, boil rice, and also make tea and coffee to drink; and I’m really really great at chopping everything up, so no one would really starve!
Mom says I need to practice more! And soon I get conned into making mom’s Boiled Egg chilly fry. It’s one of our favorite easy dishes, but normally she and dad always make it. She had planned on preparing it for dinner, but now I have to make it.
Anyways, if you’re wondering what to make for dinner using boiled eggs that’s easy, my mom’s chilly fry is the answer.
What are the ingredients in my mom’s boiled egg chilly fry?
All you need is 6 boiled eggs, 4 large onions, 4 medium tomatoes, 8 green chillies, a teaspoon of turmeric and a teaspoon of salt.
How do you make our boiled egg chilly fry?
Now that’s the part I was conned into writing about, the simple boiled egg chilly fry recipe. But it’s quite easy. So here goes!
Thankfully the eggs had already been boiled for 7 minutes. So I just chopped them into slices. 😂
And sis adds to it by saying… “Please take pics, please take pics!” Just like she did when we were making the chicken tope. Remember that one? 📷
So now I have 2 jobs – cook dinner and take pics!
So I slice the onions and take pics.
Then slice the tomatoes and take pics.
Then slit the chillies into long wedges and take pics again.
Put a little oil in the frying pan and add the onions, tomatoes and chilies and take pics again.
Leave them for a while, then add in the salt, and take more pics.
Next I add in the haldi aka turmeric with the other ingredients and take more pics.
Leave the mixture on a slow flame for a bit till it softens and take even more pics.
Add the boiled eggs to the frying pan and climb up on the chair to take more pics.
Then lightly mix it up and take the last and final pics…
And that’s how you make Boiled Egg chilly fry! 😅😏😉 Quite a simple recipe especially with the number of pics, don’t you think?
Why This Boiled Egg Recipe is a Must-Try?
- There are a few ingredients, so it’s quick and easy to make.
- It takes under 30 minutes to prepare.
- Boiled Eggs are healthier than fried eggs as there is almost no oil involved.
- This recipe is also gluten-free on its own. Pair it with glutenfree bread if you have a gluten allergy.
Cooking Tips and Tricks
- Boil the eggs for about 7 minutes, so they are medium-boiled and not hard-boiled.
- Allow the eggs to cool before you peel them. Don’t burn your fingers.
FAQs about Boiled Egg Chilly fry
For this recipe, we need the eggs firm but not very hard, so about 7 minutes is enough.
Boiled egg chilly fry can be eaten as is or also with bread, toast, chapati, or rotis.
Other recipes you might like
- Khajur Dry Fruit Barfi
- Naralchi Wadi Recipe, a delicious coconut dessert
- Corned Tongue Slices Recipe
- Ginger Wine Recipe (Homemade)
- Mutton Paya Khudi
- East Indian Kimad Recipe
- Dry Bombil Pickle Recipe
- Easy Buttery Oyster Mushroom
- Sorpotel aka Sarpatel
- Goat Tripe or Vajri Khudi
- Egg Bhurji Recipe
- Special East Indian Chicken Tope
- East Indian Kadmat or East Indian Cuchumber Salad
- Pineapple Wine
You can print off the list of ingredients and instructions to follow for making this recipe via the recipe card below (for home use only).
If you really loved our recipe, please leave us 5-stars with your review below!
Did you try making this recipe? Make sure to share your delicious creations by tagging us on Instagram or join TheWingedFork Facebook group and share your lovely food pics and results of your food experiments there!
Mom’s Easy Boiled Egg Chilly Fry Recipe
- 8 Eggs Boiled
- 8 Green Chillies
- 4 Onions Large
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Oil Any
- 1 tbsp Salt
- We usually have eggs boiled and kept in the fridge for days. So we don't have to boil them. But if you're using fresh eggs, please boil them on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Chop the boiled eggs into slices and leave aside.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes into slices, and cut the chillies into wedges.
- Add the onions, tomatoes and chillies to a pan with 1 tbsp oil and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and turmeric powder and continue for 2 more minutes.
- Add in the chopped boiled eggs and mix.
- Let the mixture cook for 5 to 6 minutes and it's ready to serve.
- Serve with bread or layered on toast.