Prawn chilly fry is a yummy dish that mom makes for us ever so often. Hardly taking around 20 minutes to make, it’s perfect as a singular dish for any meal, be it lunch or dinner. Dad and me love prawn chilly fry. My sis Abby is allergic. So mom makes boiled egg chilly fry or fish curry for her. Or sometimes she has murabba or bombil pickle with dal. But for us prawn lovers, here’s the recipe for mom’s prawn chilly fry.
Ingredients for the Prawn Chilly Fry
Half Kg Medium-sized Prawns (Or shrimp as they’re called in the US)
300 Grams Onions
250 Grams Tomatoes
1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
Juice of Half a Sourlime
2 tbsp Oil
1.5 tbsp Salt
How to Make The Prawn Chilly Fry
Wash and devein the prawns or shrimp and leave aside. If you want, you can cook the prawns with the shells on too. It’s fun to shell them and suck the juice from the shells while eating.
Slice the onions and the tomatoes lengthwise. Chop the chillies diagonally into 3 or 4 pieces each. In a pan, take 2 tablespoons of oil, and put the tomatoes, onions, chillies, and salt, and stir fry for 2 minutes.
Next, add the lime juice, turmeric powder and prawns and continue to cook for 10 minutes. And that’s it! The prawn chilly fry is ready to serve. Really quick and easy, just like the boiled egg chilly fry.
Did you try out this recipe? Give us your review below! And make sure to share your delicious creations by tagging us on Instagram or join TheWingedFork Facebook group and share your lovely food pics and results of your food experiments there!
How to Make Prawn Chilly Fry
- 500 g Prawns Medium-sized (or Shrimp)
- 8 Green Chillies
- 300 g Onions
- 250 g Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- .5 Sourlime Juice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1.5 tbsp Salt
- Wash, shell and devein the prawns unless they come pre-washed. You also have the option of leaving the shells on and shelling them later while eating.
- Slice the onions and tomatoes lenghtwise.
- Chop the chillies into 3 or 4 diagonal pieces.
- Add the oil to the frying pan.
- Add the tomatoes, onions, chillies, and salt, and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Next, add in the turmeric powder, prawns and lime juice and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with bread or rice!