East Indian Dry Bomblo Recipe (Bombil Pickle - Bombay Duck Pickle)
The East Indian Dry Bomblo Recipe or the Sukha Bombil Recipe or the East Indian Dry Bombay Duck Recipe is a traditional East Indian recipe that finds use both as a pickle and in many a food dish.
Prep Time2 hrs
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time2 hrs 15 mins
- 10 Dried Red Chillies Preferably Kashmiri, but any will do.
- 2 tsp Jeera (Cumin)
- 1 cup Olive Oil Any other will do.
- .5 cup Vinegar Apple Cider works lovely if you're gluten free, but any other will do for regular diets.
- 2 in Ginger
- 1 pod Garlic
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Turmeric Powder (Available Gluten Free if you require.)
- 24 Bombay Ducks (Sundried)
Chop the Bombay Ducks (bombil) in to 2 inch pieces.
Wash the Bombay Ducks in in water or vinegar and set aside.
Grind the chillies, garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt, and jeera (cumin) together with vinegar. (Use apple cider vinegar and GF turmeric powder if you're on a gluten free diet.)
Add the paste to the Bombil and leave to marinate for a few hours.
Cook the Bombil in oil on a low flame for 15 minutes.
Store in airtight jars and distribute to friends and family.