Special East Indian Chicken Tope
Recipe Notes by Sarah of TheWingedFork.com, for the Traditional East Indian Chicken Tope recipe handed down by my grandmother. While cooking for a friend I also confirmed that this recipe is gluten free.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Resting Time10 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 1 Chicken Cut into pieces
- 500 g Onions Sliced
- 2 tbsp East Indian Bottle Masala If you can't find it in your country, use a mix of Garam Masala and chilli powder. It will get you halfway there taste wise.
- 8 Green Chillies
- 2 in Ginger
- 12 flakes Garlic Crushed for flavor
- 3 tbsp Ghee (Indian clarified butter)
- 8 pods Cardamom Crushed
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Roughly chopped
- 2 Sourlimes Juiced
- 250 g Poha (beaten rice)
- We never use fixed amounts of ingredients. So feel free to add or remove as per your taste.
- If you cannot find bottle masala in nearby stores, use a 2:1 mix of garam masala and chilli powder.
- Gluten free as long as your ingredients are properly sourced.