Now that Mom is kind of a pro at using Youtube, she keeps running through different videos about gospel music, prophecy and of course food.
One day she came across a recipe using the premade Gulab Jamun mix to make cookies. So since we had a packet at home already, I figured why not give the cookies a try instead of using it to make Gulab Jamuns.
So, I looked at a few more recipes, and mixed them up a bit so I could use what was already available at home. And it turned out quite nice.
What are the Ingredients for the Gulab Jamun Cookies
The only ingredients that you need for the Gulab Jamun Cookies are:
100 grams Gulab Jamun Mix
75 ml Nestle Milkmaid (or any other sweet condensed milk)
Quarter Teaspoon Baking Powder
20 grams Tooti Frooti or any other Candied Peel
Few tablespooons of Maida or All-purpose Flour – Optional
How to make the Gulab Jamun Cookies?
In a flat pan mix the Gulab Jamun Mix with a little baking powder and mix well.
Next, add in the Condensed Milk (or Milkmaid) and mould it into a dough. If the dough is too sticky add a few tablespoons of Maida (all-purpose flour.)
Cover with a moist cloth and allow the ball of dough rest of about 10 to 15 mins.
Form the dough into little balls of about an inch diameter. We made about 20 of them.
Decorate with tooti frooti, and bake in the oven for about 12 – 15 mins at 220 degrees Celsius.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving. And that’s it! The easy peasy Gulab Jamun Mix Cookies are ready in just 40 minutes. They’re perfect for some last-minute cookies for school or church, or when someone’s coming over for tea!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Date and Orange cake
- Christmas cookies
- Indian Custard Powder Cookies that are eggless
- East Indian Marzipan for Christmas
- Naralchi Wadi, a Konkan Coconut Dessert
- Coconut Cake Recipe
- Custard Powder Halwa
- Mustard Sauce
- Simple Purple Cabbage Recipe
- Pork Vindaloo
- Tomato and Carrot Soup Recipe
Did you try making this recipe? Give us your review below! And make sure to share your delicious creations by tagging us on Instagram or join TheWingedFork Facebook group and share your lovely food pics and results of your food experiments there!
Quick and Easy Gulab Jamun Mix Cookies
- 100 g Gulab Jamun Mix
- 75 ml Nestle Milkmaid Or any other sweet condensed milk
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 20 grams Tooti Frooti or any other Candied Peel
- 1 tbsp Fine Wheat Flour (Maida) Optional
- Mix the Gulab Jamun Mix with the baking powder in a flat pan or dish.
- Add in the condensed milk and form a dough. (If it's too sticky, add a few spoons of all-purpose flour or maida.)
- Cover the dough ball with a moist cloth and leave to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Form the dough into balls of about 1 inch-diamter each.
- Decorate with tooti frooti and bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 220 degrees Celsius.
- And there, your gulab jamun mix cookies are ready!