Remember the strawberry bread that we made recently? Well, on the same day we made these yummy vegetarian strawberry muffins. Why? Because both the recipes include the same basic ingredients. So it’s easier to make the gluten-free strawberry muffins as well when you make the bread.
Plus, we’ve used mostly healthy ingredients, so you don’t feel too guilty while eating them. Just think, you can make muffins without butter! Yay for yogurt!
Anyways, here are our easy strawberry bread ingredients.
What are the ingredients for Vegetarian Glutenfree strawberry Muffins?
500 grams strawberries – sweet ones
(we chopped them into smaller pieces – but it’s okay to just cut them in halves or quarters.)
500 grams rice flour
275 ml oil coconut
425 ml honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
300 ml plain yogurt
1 teaspoon baking soda
Using these ingredients we made 21 muffins weighing around 90 grams each. You could use half or quarter the ingredients if you want.
Or you could make all of it and freeze some of the muffins for a rainy day. They’re easy enough to just microwave and drizzle with some maple syrup or honey.
Another option instead of microwaving them is to toast them on the frying pan with a bit of coconut oil. We do this for breakfast often. Warm and toasty is so much more yummy!
This strawberry muffin recipe is vegetarian as well as glutenfree. If you want to make it vegan as well, try substituting every 100 ml of yogurt with 75 ml of coconut yogurt or 75 ml almond yogurt.
Steps For Making Our Glutenfree Strawberry Muffins
So we started by washing and chopping the strawberries into cubes. If you just chop them into halves, that’s great too! Just remember to get sweet strawberries, or else you’ll have tangy bread.
There are a lot of gluten free flours available – cornflour, sweet potato flour, coconut flour, but I like to work with rice flour because it has a lovely graininess to it, especially when we make our traditional sand cake.
Take the rice flour in a bowl, add in a teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt, and mix well. After this stir in the coconut oil, honey, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Lastly add in the chopped strawberries.
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Line your trays with muffin liners and fill.
Here’s a trick! We don’t use the silicone muffin moulds all the time. Sometimes we just use a double layer of muffin liners and fill them with the dough. That’s what we’ve done here!
Pour the dough into the tins. Top each muffin with half a strawberry and bake at 200 degrees or 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 40 minutes (this depends on your oven).
And there you have it! The moist strawberry muffins are ready!
As I mentioned earlier, this recipe makes 21 strawberry muffins that weigh about 90 grams each. So if you want less, just halve the recipe and use.
These super moist strawberry muffins can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you prefer to save some for later, you can store them in the freezer for up to a month. They’ll come in handy for a last-minute microwaved or fried snack for a rainy day.
Other Recipes you might Like
- Khajur Dry Fruit Barfi
- Naralchi Wadi Recipe, a delicious coconut dessert
- Corned Tongue Slices Recipe
- Ginger Wine Recipe (Homemade)
- Mutton Paya Khudi
- East Indian Kimad Recipe
- Dry Bombil Pickle Recipe
- Easy Buttery Oyster Mushroom
- Sorpotel aka Sarpatel
- Goat Tripe or Vajri Khudi
- Special East Indian Chicken Tope
- East Indian Kadmat or East Indian Cuchumber Salad
- Pineapple Wine
Did you try making this recipe? Give us your review below! And make sure to share your delicious creations by tagging us on Instagram or join TheWingedFork Facebook group and share your lovely food pics and results of your food experiments there!
Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins
- 500 g rice flour
- 500 g strawberries Preferably sweet.
- 275 ml coconut oil
- 425 ml Honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Salt
- 300 ml Yogurt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Wash and chop the strawberries into cubes or halves, depending on what you prefer. For about 10 strawberries, chop only into halves and leave aside.
- Add in half a teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt to the rice flour and mix well.
- Next, stir in the coconut oil, honey, yogurt, and vanilla extract in any order.
- Last, add in the chopped strawberries and stir.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Line two trays with muffin moulds, pour the dough into the moulds and top with the halved strawberries that you had left aside.
- Put your trays into the preheated oven and bake at 200 degrees Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. (Or longer depending on your oven.)
- And soon your the moist strawberry bread is ready to serve!
- Sprinkle with a little powder sugar if you like.