Saw some yummy strawberries in the market and decided it was time to make some tasty strawberry bread or strawberry loaf. Since the recipe uses the same basic ingredients, we also made some strawberry muffins at the same time. I’ll post the muffin recipe soon.
Anyways, back to the strawberry bread recipe. We made it vegetarian so our friends can eat it and glutenfree because of someone I used to know. Here are our strawberry bread ingredients.
What are the ingredients for the strawberry bread?
175 grams sweet strawberries
175 grams rice flour
90 ml coconut oil
100 ml honey
1 tsp vanilla extract – or the insides of half a vanilla bean
1 tsp salt
100 ml plain yogurt
0.5 teaspoon baking soda
This strawberry bread recipe is vegetarian and glutenfree. If you want to make it vegan as well, try substituting the 100 ml yogurt with 75 ml of coconut yogurt or 75 ml almond yogurt. If you’re looking to make something fancy, my friend Cory makes the perfect Vegan Tomato Herbed Bread.
Steps To Make the Glutenfree Strawberry Bread
So we started by washing and chopping the strawberries into cubes. If you just chop them into halves, that’s great too! Just remember to get sweet strawberries, or else you’ll have tangy bread.
There are a lot of gluten free flours available – cornflour, sweet potato flour, coconut flour, but I work with rice flour because it’s got a nice graininess to it, especially when I made our traditional sand cake. However, you can absolutely substitute any other gluten free flour in place of the rice flour.
In the pic above, I’ve added bee pollen to the rice flour because I had some leftover, but you don’t have too. The recipe is just fine without the bee pollen.
Add in half a teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt to the rice flour and mix well. After this stir in the coconut oil, honey, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Lastly add in the strawberries.
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Line two trays with butter paper or parchment paper. Pour the dough into the tins and bake at 200 degrees or 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
And there you have it! The moist strawberry bread is ready!
This recipe makes 2 strawberry bread logs of 350 grams each. So if you want more, just double the recipe for the strawberry loaves.
This super moist strawberry bread can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to a month. Sometimes it’s just fun to stash away a bit for a rainy day, isn’t it?
Did you try out this recipe? Give us your review below! And make sure to share your delicious creations by tagging us on Instagram or join TheWingedFork Facebook group and share your lovely food pics and results of your food experiments there!
Glutenfree Strawberry Bread Recipe
- 175 g Strawberries Try to get the sweeter ones, or you'll have really tangy bread, which also tastes pretty great!
- 175 g Rice Flour
- 90 ml Coconut Oil
- 100 g Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract Or the vanilla from half a pod
- 1 tsp Salt
- 100 g Yogurt
- 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- Wash and chop the strawberries into cubes or halves, depending on what you want.
- Take the rice flour (or any other gluten free flour you like), add in half a teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt and mix well.
- Next, stir in the coconut oil, honey, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Last, add in the chopped strawberries and stir.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Line two trays with butter paper or parchment paper. Pour the dough into the tins and bake at 200 degrees Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- And finally the moist strawberry bread is ready to serve!