Easy to make rose shaped cookies for Valentine’s day! They are delicious and bake in just about 25 mins! Why not eat a rose made with love?
Come Valentine’s Day and most people are trying to find a nice way to surprise or treat their loved ones. Who wouldn’t like a bouquet of red roses or chocolates from their someone special? Or a box of or soft crumbly cookies? Why not go the extra mile and bake them a bunch of roses?
I hear you saying ‘What on earth is she talking about, bake roses’? Baking roses is not as far-fetched an ideas as it sounds. All you do is make some soft cookies and shape them into a rose. These roses are perfect for any other time of the year too!
To learn how to make these perfect valentine’s roses follow the steps given below and bake your loved ones some yummy rose cookies.
What Ingredients Do you need to make Rose Cookies?
To make these red and white Rose Cookies for your loved ones, you need maida (refined wheat flour), sojee (semolina), powdered sugar, butter, egg, baking powder, vanilla essence, and food colour.
How To Make Rose Shaped Cookies?
First, you need to mix the maida (flour), baking powder, powdered sugar, butter, and eggs. After mixing it a little, add the vanilla essence and semolina. Why add the semolina later although it’s a dry ingredient? Because adding it later ensures it doesn’t absorb too much of the butter and stays crunchy.
Form a dough and then wrap this in cling film or cling wrap or saran wrap and refrigerate it until the next day. If you’re in a hurry, you can refrigerate it for only 30 minutes. But if you have time on your hands, a whole day is best.
The next morning remove the dough from the fridge and allow it to thaw a bit. Divide this into 2 parts, and add pink or red food colour to one of the parts and mix well. Keep adding more color till you reach the right shade of red or dark pink.
Make small parts of the dough and form a few cylindrical rosebuds of both colors. Then take a little dough and shape the petals by rolling out a bit of the dough, then placing each layer over the other like a petal until it forms a rose.
Cut the lower half of the rose dough and set aside. These pieces are not needed, but you can use them later on to form more cookies shaped as you like. I usually turn them into hearts.
Line the cookie roses on a baking tray, sprinkle them with a little powdered sugar and bake in an oven for 25 mins at 200 degrees. And voila! Your rose shaped cookies are ready.
These soft homemade cookies are the perfect treat, for Valentine’s Day or any other time of the year.
Cooking Tips And Tricks
- You can keep the dough refrigerated for just a few hours or even just for 30 minutes if you need to make it in a hurry.
- Use different food flavour instead of vanilla if you want a different taste. Almond or butterscotch or pineapple are great!
- You can use different colours to make multi-color roses or one colour roses as you like.
- You can make these cookies at any time of the year.
- Store leftover dough in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
FAQ’s About Rose Shaped Cookies
You can store the rolled dough for weeks in the refrigerator to be used at a later time. Or you can store it for months in the freezer.
Yes, you can use cow ghee if you want a slightly healthier option.
Yes, of course! You can form this dough into any shape you like. Just change the shapes depending on the theme of the function you are baking them for. You can even simply use cookie cutters.
These cookies can be stored in an air-tight container for about 2 – 3 weeks at room temperature.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Date And Walnut Cake For Christmas And Special Days
- East Indian Sweet Shells – KulKuls Recipe
- Red Pumpkin Halwa (Kaddu Ka Halwa)
- Indian Bottle Gourd Halwa (Dudhi Or Lauki Halwa)
- Semolina Date And Orange Cake
- Gluten Free Vegetarian Strawberry Bread Recipe
- Tasty Naralchi Wadi Or Kopra Pak Recipe
- Christmas Cookies Recipe (Vegetarian)
- East Indian Guava Cheese Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Cake Recipe
- How To Make East Indian Date Rolls?
- Traditional East Indian Vanilla Cream Recipe
You can print off the list of ingredients and instructions to follow for making this recipe via the recipe card below (for home use only).
If you really loved our recipe, please leave us 5-stars with your review below!
Did you try making this recipe? Make sure to share your delicious creations by tagging us on Instagram or join TheWingedFork Facebook group and share your lovely food pics and results of your food experiments there!
Easy Valentine’s Day Rose Cookies
- 300 g Maida Refined Wheat Flour
- 200 g Sojee Semolina
- 200 g Sugar Powdered
- 250 g Butter
- 1 Egg
- 10 ml Vanilla Essence
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- Pink Food Colour As much as you need to get a deep red color
- Mix the maida (flour), baking powder, powdered sugar, butter, and egg.
- Knead in the sojee and vanilla essence and form a dough.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts. Add pink colour to one part and mix well.
- Make small rosebuds of both colours and also flatten / roll out shapes for the petals. See the blog post for pictures.
- Place the petals one over the other to form a rose-shaped cookie.
- Line the cookies on a tray and bake in an oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool. Serve as and when desred.
- If you are in a hurry, refrigerate the dough for just a few hours. Even just 30 minutes will do.
- If you want different flavours, you can add any other essence to it.
- You can make multi-colour roses or single colour roses as well, but using different colours.