Remember the easy fried purple cabbage vegetable we made last week? Well, this week was pretty busy too. So mom made her easy cabbage and corn stir fry; another one of those quick and easy vegetarian dishes to cook when you’re in a hurry. Just chop, fry and eat! The traditional cabbage vegetable dish is called kobichi bhaji in Marathi or gobheechi bhaji in Hindi. We make it different by adding the corn and tweaking a few of the ingredients.
So, what are the ingredients for this Easy Corn and Cabbage Bhaji?
The main ingredient, of course, is your cabbage! Can’t make a cabbage bhaji without it. By the way, if you’re not Indian, bhaji is the Indian term for vegetables. It can be used for raw or cooked vegetables, as can the word sabzi.
1 Cabbage (approximately half a kg)
100 grams Sweet Corn
2 tbsp Oil or Ghee
1 tsp Cumin (Jeera)
1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
1.5 tsp Salt
3 Green Chillies
5 Curry Leaves – Optional
Steps to make the Cabbage and Corn Sabzi
Chop the cabbage and leave aside. Do the same for the chillies.
Now take a dish and pour in about 2 tablespoons of oil or ghee. Make a tadka by adding in the jeera (cumin) and rai (mustard seeds) and frying for 2 minutes. Next, add in the chopped chillies and the curry leaves and fry for 2 more minutes. The curry leaves are not necessary, but they cool the body and are supposedly good for digestion.
Lastly, add in the chopped cabbage and sweet corn and fry for 5 minutes before it’s ready to serve. And that’s it! Easy peasy cabbage and corn vegetable is ready to serve! Enjoy with some rotis and a spoonful of yogurt or chutney.
Other Recipes To Try
- Naralchi Wadi Recipe, a delicious coconut dessert
- Corned Tongue Slices Recipe
- Ginger Wine Recipe (Homemade)
- Mutton Paya Khudi
- East Indian Kimad Drink Recipe
- Easy Buttery Oyster Mushroom
- Rice Cake Recipe
- Semolina Date Cake with Candied Orange
- Sorpotel aka Sarpatel
- Goat Tripe or Vajri Khudi
- Special East Indian Chicken Tope
- Bottle Gourd Halwa
You can print off the list of ingredients and instructions to follow for making this recipe via the recipe card below (for home use only).
If you really loved our recipe, please leave us 5-stars with your review below!
Did you try making this recipe? Make sure to share your delicious creations by tagging us on Instagram or join TheWingedFork Facebook group and share your lovely food pics and results of your food experiments there!
Easy Corn and Cabbage Recipe
- 1 Cabbage approximately half a kg
- 100 g Sweet Corn
- 2 tbsp Oil or Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin (Jeera) Jeera
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai) Rai
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 3 Green Chillies
- 5 Curry Leaves Optional
- Chop the green cabbage and leave aside.
- Chop the green chillis fine and leave aside.
- In a pan, make a tadka by heating oil with cumin (jeera) and mustard seeds (rai.)
- After two minutes, add in the chopped chillies and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Lastly, add in the chopped cabbage, sweet corn and salt and fry for 5 minutes.
- Serve with bread or rotis.