Zuka in Pondicherry
If you’re ever in Pondicherry, two places that you absolutely have to visit are Zuka and Café Olé. Located almost side by side, they are havens for choco-crazed folk like me.
Since we couldn’t eat in there, expect on our feet, the staff directed us to their sister cafe called Café Olé that was a short walk away.
Café Olé, my chocolate love in Puducherry
The cozy Café Olé has a wide variety of food and drink to offer, from chicken sandwiches and tostadas to the chocolate sandwiches and milkshakes.
The chocolate sandwiches are what you should definitely try, they are just so mouth-wateringly delicious. I had the Ultimate Chocolate Sandwich which just oozes lusciousness. It’s made of a mix of caramelized cashews and almonds, Swiss chocolate sauce and a beautifully grilled cocoa bread.
And the coffee milkshakes are to die for! The lovely chocolate designs on the glass make it even more fun while you drink. I had the Charlie’s Chocolate Mikshake that was composed of 44% dark chocolate covered with semi-sweet chocolate and chocolate ice cream.
My friend had the Cafe Mocha Caramel, and it was as amazing as ever. The swap between Charlie’s Chocolate Milkshake and the Cafe Chocolate Mocha was amazingly easy. They’re equally delicious and drool-worthy.
The ambiance at Cafe Ole is wonderful. The quirky quotes and coffee facts all round the little shop make for some good reading.
They even have portraits drawn with coffee! Charlie Chaplin, Mother Theresa, Sachin Tendulkar, Marilyn Monroe and so many others. Amazing!
The bar style seating arrangements are pretty cool too. I heard the locals love this cafe; as much as the visitors who come there from all across the planet! 😉
If you’re ever in Pondicherry, you have to visit Cafe Ole. Can’t wait till I get back there. What about you?
Contact Cafe Ole
Address: 319, Mission St, MG Road Area, Puducherry, 605001, India
Telephone: +91 4132220107
Other Foodie Posts
- Brettlejause with Stefanie and Rupert at Buschenschank Schaar
- Chiang Mai: Travelling to the Gem of the North
- One Wine Day in SA!
- What do you do in Amsterdam when called for a last-minute business trip?
- Chocolicous Café Olé in Puducherry
- Goose : A golden egg in Rome
- Dinner at K + K am Waagplatz in Salzburg, Austria
- Elco Pani Puri Restaurant in Mumbai, India
- 13 things you must do in Graz, Austria
- Best local Ice Creams in the World
- Celebrating Ramzan or Ramadan at Mohammed Ali Road in Bombay
- North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii : Things to see and do
- Mumbai City Guide: Bombay, India City of Dreams